Hi! I'm Jen! I'm a natural light lifestyle photographer specializing in creative family, maternity, newborn, and early childhood photography. I take on a limited number of weddings each year as well. I currently serve the Tampa, Wesley Chapel, and St. Petersburg areas of Florida, though I do occasionally travel for sessions (feel free to get in touch)! I have two kids of my own (twins!) who are my favorite people on the planet, along with my super supportive husband. Our dogs are pretty cool too. I love coffee and Friday nights on the couch, though generally not at the same time, and I'll fully admit to being a huge sci-fi nerd.
With my photography, I prefer to focus on moments. I want to capture your family as you truly are, right now. This phase of life won't last long, and until we finally figure out how to "hit the pause button," our kids will continue to grow and change at a completely unreasonable rate (you guys, my kid are FIVE already!). But photographs...photographs don't grow and change; they stay the same forever. Have you ever looked at an old photo of you and your mother (or grandmother)? How did it make you feel? That's why family photography is so important! I want to make you FEEL something when you see your gallery for the first time (and every time you look at your images). I want your kids to have something tangible to look back on when they are grown and age has taken it's toll on you. I want you to have photographs of the way your baby clings to your shirt, or the exact way your toddler's messy hair falls down the back of his neck. Whether it's at home where you raise your babies, or at a beautiful outdoor location, my goal is make you feel comfortable in front of my camera so you can be the truest form of yourselves, and then to freeze those little moments for all eternity. So instead of trying to smile at the camera for an hour, we'll chat about life and play games and laugh out loud. As a result, you'll find your gallery to be a unique mixture of both classic portraiture and more lifestyle based imagery.
Achievements & Publications
- VOICE Image Collection finalist 2015 (San Atonio, TX), 2016 (Seattle, WA), and 2017 (Amelia Island, FL)
- Photographer for March of Dimes National Campaign, 2017
- E-Book Author; "The Growing Up Memoirs"
- Clickin Moms Blog Artlicle; “Four Compelling Reasons to Underexpose Your Photos On Purpose” November, 2017
- Instructor/Presenter at Click Away 2016, Seattle WA
- Article in Click Magazine; “Seven Tips For Photographing Authentic Sibling Interaction” August, 2016
- Article in Lemonade and Lenses Magazine; “Session Workflow” December, 2015
- Cover Image (back side) in Lemonade and Lenses Magazine; December 2015
- Daily of the Week Winner; May 2015 and July 2016
- Images in First Coast Magazine; September 2015
- Blog feature in Beyond the Wanderlust; June 2014